This assignment requires reading peer-review journal articles and writing a reflective 4-page paper using guided questions below to compose paper. The assigned journal articles are used to demonstrate what scholarly writing is and how it is applied in the selected journal articles. Links and information is provided in uploaded file.
1. First, read the 3 assigned peer-reviewed journal articles.
2. Then read the 3 student selected peer-reviewed journal articles.
3. After reading the selected articles, write a 4-page reflection on the process of scholarly writing using the following questions below.
4. The paper must include APA formatting, in-text citations for all six scholarly articles; 3 from the assigned articles and 3 from student selected articles, and reference page. The paper must answer the questions below in the reflection of the articles.
* What did you notice about the writing style overall in the articles you selected?
* How did the writing in the academic journal articles compare to writing you might find from other sources, such as books or magazines?
* What did you notice about the citations in the articles you selected?
* What did you notice about word choice, tone, objectivity, and level of detail in the articles you selected?
* Planning for your own future academic publications, what are a few things you will be focusing on as far as your personal scholarly writing skill development as you work through your courses?
* Knowing that scholarly writing is an iterative process that requires many drafts, much feedback, and extensive editing and rewriting, how can you best prepare for this challenging process mentally, emotionally, and academically?
Assigned Peer-reviewed Journal Articles
1. Doncliff, B. (2016). The peer-review process in scholarly. Whiteria Nursing & Health Journal, 23, 55-60
2. Edmunds, M. W., & Waldrop, J. (2018). What is scholarly writing? Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 14(8), A11-A12
3. Walker, C.A. (2003). A scholar is what a scholar writes: Practical tips on scholarly writing (Subtitle: Wild manuscripts I have known). Journal of Theory Construction & Testing (J THEORY CONSTRUCT TEST), Summer2003; 7(1): 6-9. (4p)
Selected Peer-reviewed Journal Articles
1. Torun Dikbas, E. (2020). Online Distance Learning in Higher Education: E-Learning Readiness as a Predictor of Academic Achievement, Open Praxis, vol. 12 issue 2, April–June 2020, pp. 191–208 (ISSN 2304-070X) Reception date: 31 January 2020 • Acceptance date: 31 May 2020 DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5944/openpraxis.12.2.1092
2. Demosthenous, G., Panaoura, A., & Eteokleous N. (2020). The use of collaborative assignment in online learning environments: The case of higher education. International Journal of Technology in Education and Science (IJTES), 4(2), 108-117.
3. Robson J. and Hutton C. (2019). Breaking barriers, building community: improving student engagement with preparation for studying online multidisciplinary science by distance learning – a case study .The Open University, School of Earth Environment and Ecosystem Sciences, Wolfson Building, Walton Hall, Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA. New Directions in the Teaching of Physical Sciences, Volume 14, Issue 1 (2019) https://doi.org/10.29311/ndtps.v0i14.3217