Reading and Focus Questions:
Bettina Aptheker – The Dailiness of Women’s Lives
Please watch videos below as well
The Second Shift
Second Shift- Arlie Hochischild
Please answer the questions thoughtfully and thoroughly. Please provide two paragraphs for each each question. No reference page needed. Please answer all the questions!!
1. What does Aptheker mean by the saying that “each day is a tapestry”? How is this related to her emphasis on “dailiness” of women’s experience and “storytelling,” especially stories of our mothers and grandmothers, as a powerful tool for teaching and learning?
2. Aptheker argues that, “women’s consciousness of social reality is distinct from that of men for two reasons.” Explain. What is the significance of “women’s consciousness”?
In what ways is an individual woman an agent of change? Give examples that reflect contemporary times or events.
In the dailiness of women’s lives, Aptheker talks about women defining their lives – giving meaning to the lives, and the things that they do or happen to them. From the stories told by women and about women, “we learn about the reality of women’s lives, about suffering, the failure, the struggle to nurture well.”
Watch the two videos below.
4. Think of how do these women might define the dailiness of their lives in the context of the issues discussed in the videos. Discuss in the context of what has been going on in the US during the last 2 weeks.
5. Discuss how the “Personal is Political” manifested in their lives.
6. There needs to be change so that these mothers are able to redefine their dailiness – to tell a different story. Discuss . .
7. Should the state (government) intervene to improve the situation of women dailiness in society? If yes, what policies?
Please note that this is just a preview of a school assignment posted on our website by one of our clients. If you need assistance with this question too, please click on the Submit Your Instructions at the bottom of the page to get started.
Reading and Focus Questions:
Need Writing Help? Our writing specialists are here 24/7, every day of the year, ready to support you! Instantly chat with an online tutor below or click here to submit your paper instructions to the writing team.
More than just an assignment.
Who is this homework service for?
* If you are having a really hard class and want to get through it, then this is for you.
* If you have a medical emergency or someone close to you has a medical emergency and you don’t think you’ll be able to turn your assignment on time, this is definitely a service you could use.
* You can use us if you are having a tough Professor who won’t give you the grades you deserve.
* If you have a tight work schedule and you are getting points deducted for not submitting assignments on time.
* English might not be your first language and you feel like you are being left behind in class because of it.
* If you have a large project coming up and don’t think you have enough time to get it done well, definitely reach out to us.
Hi there! My name is Anna.
Super stoked you are checking us out! We would like to help you with your assignment. We just need a few things from you:
* The full assignment instructions as they appear on your school account.
* If a Rubric is present, make sure to attach it.
* Any relevant weekly readings or learning resources.
* Include any special announcements or emails you might have gotten from your Professor regarding your assignment.
* Any templates or additional files required to complete the assignment.
If your assignment is somewhat complex and you need to explain it, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via live chat.
Frequently asked questions
How soon can I get my paper done?
Will it be completely original? I don't want to be caught in a case of Academic Integrity Violation.
We are as paranoid as you are. Maybe even more! And we understand that the greatest sin you can commit in your academic journey is plagiarizing your academic work. To that end, we have made sure that we check and double-check our papers using high quality plagiarism detection tools such as SafeAssign and Turnitin before submitting the paper to you.
Who is my writer? Is he/she a native English Speaker?
All our writers are native English Speakers. That is not to say that ESL writers are not good, we just prefer hiring native writers because we want the very best people working on your paper. This might mean paying a little bit more for your paper as opposed to when you pay a foreign company whose writers are non-native English Speakers.
What if I need revisions? Will your charge additional for this?
Of course not! If you do happen to require a revision on your paper, our team will handle it for you free of charge. Matter of fact, we won’t rest till you are happy with your paper. So, ask for as many revisions as you need, it’s completely FREE!
Will you give me my money back if I don't like my paper?
We have very few instances where we delivered a paper that a client didn’t fall in love with. But if it so happens that you don’t like your paper for any reason whatsoever, we’ll refund your money back no questions asked.
I have more assignments after this, can you help me with those too?
Of course! And what’s even better is that we can reserve a writer permanently to work on your entire class. This comes in handy for projects which build up on each other and where you need just one writer, one writing style.